Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chapter 6: On Repaying Parents

al-Adab al-Mufrad
[Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullah)]

{Chapter 6: On Repaying Parents} 

10. Abu Hurayra said, “The Prophet (may the peace and salutations be upon him) said,
"A child cannot repay his father unless he finds him as a slave and the buys him and sets him free."


11. Abu Burda b. Abu Musa related that, 
"Ibn 'Umar saw a Yamani man going around the House making tawaf while carrying his mother on his back and chanting, 'I am her humble camel. …I carried her more than she carried me.' 
Then the man asked, 'Ibn 'Umar, do you think that I have repaid her?' 
He replied, 'No, not even for a single groan (of the birth pangs she suffered).' 
Then Ibn 'Umar performed tawaf and came to the Maqam (Ibrahim) and prayed two rak'ats. He said, 'Ibn Abu Musa, every two rak'ats make up for everything (expiates) that has happened before them.'" 

12. Abu Marra, the mawla of ‘Aqil (ibn Abu Talib) [also known as mawla of Umm Hani bint Abu Talib], said:
"Marwan [the Governer of Madinah] used to appoint Abu Hurayra as his deputy – (when Marwan left Madinah for Hajj) and he used to live in Dhu'l-Hulayfa. His mother was in one house and he was in another. When he wanted to go out, he would stop at her door and say, 'Peace be upon you, mother, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing.'
She would reply, 'And peace be upon you, my son, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing.'
Then he said, 'May Allah have mercy on you as you raised me when I was a child.'
She answered, 'May Allah have mercy on you as you were dutiful to me when I was old.'
Whenever Abu Hurayra wished to enter, he would do something similar.”


13. 'Abdullah b. 'Amr said,
"A man came to the Prophet (may the peace and salutations be upon him) and made a pledge to him that he would do hijra (emigrate). He left his parents weeping.'
The Prophet said, 'Go back to them and make them laugh as you made them weep.'"

14. Abu Murra, the mawla of Umm Hani' bint Abi Talib, said that he rode with Abu Hurayra to his land in al-'Aqiq. When he entered his land, he shouted out in his loudest voice, 'Peace be upon you, mother, and the mercy of Allah and His blessing!'
She replied, 'And peace be upon you and the mercy of Allah and His blessing.'
He said, 'May Allah have mercy on you as you raised me when I was a child.'
She replied, 'My son, may Allah reward you well and be pleased with you as you were dutiful towards me when I was old.' "  
Musa (one of the narrators of this Hadith) said, "The name of Abu Hurayra was ‘Abdullah b. ‘Amr."

No comments: