Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Chapter 2: On Dutifulness to One's Mother

al-Adab al-Mufrad
[Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullah)]

{Chapter 2: On Dutifulness to One's Mother}

3. Mu'awiya b. Haida said,
"I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, to whom should I be dutiful?'
He said, 'Your mother.'
I asked, 'Then towards whom?'
He replied, 'Your mother.'
Again I asked, 'Then towards whom?'
He answered, 'Your mother.'
I said, 'Then towards whom should I be dutiful?'
He said, 'Your father, and then the next nearest relative and then the next nearest.'"


4. 'Ata' b. Yasar said:
"A man came to Ibn 'Abbas and said, "I asked a woman to marry me and she refused to marry me. Another man asked her and she agreed to marry him. I became jealous and killed her. Is there any way for me to repent?"
He asked, "Is your mother alive?"
The man replied, "No".
Ibn 'Abbas said, "Repent to Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, and try to draw near Him as much as you can."


'Ata' said,
"I went and asked Ibn 'Abbas, 'Why did you ask him whether his mother was alive?'
He replied, 'I do not know of any action better for bringing a person near to Allah than dutifulness to his mother.'"

No comments: