Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Characteristics Of Prayer: Sitting in Prayers

Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 786

Narated By Malik bin Huwairith Al-Laithi :

I saw the Prophet praying and in the odd Rakat, he used to sit for a moment before getting up.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 787

Narated By Aiyub :

Abu Qilaba said, "Malik bin Huwairith came to us and led us in the prayer in this mosque of ours and said, 'I lead you in prayer but I do not want to offer the prayer but just to show you how Allah's Apostle performed his prayers." I asked Abu Qilaba, "How was the prayer of Malik bin Huwairith?" He replied, "Like the prayer of this Sheikh of ours i.e. 'Amr bin Salima." That Sheikh used to pronounce the Takbir perfectly and when he raised his head from the second prostration he would sit for a while and then support himself on the ground and get up.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 790

Narated By 'Abdullah bin 'Abdullah :

I saw 'Abdullah bin 'Umar crossing his legs while sitting in the prayer and I, a mere youngster in those days, did the same. Ibn 'Umar forbade me to do so, and said, "The proper way is to keep the right foot propped up and bend the left in the prayer." I said questioningly, "But you are doing so (crossing the legs)." He said, "My feet cannot bear my weight."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 791

Narated By Muhammad bin 'Amr bin 'Ata' :

I was sitting with some of the companions of Allah's Apostle and we were discussing about the way of praying of the Prophet. Abu Humaid As-Saidi said, "I remember the prayer of Allah's Apostle better than any one of you. I saw him raising both his hands up to the level of the shoulders on saying the Takbir; and on bowing he placed his hands on both knees and bent his back straight, then he stood up straight from bowing till all the vertebrate took their normal positions. In prostrations, he placed both his hands on the ground with the forearms away from the ground and away from his body, and his toes were facing the Qibla. On sitting In the second Rak'a he sat on his left foot and propped up the right one; and in the last Rak'a he pushed his left foot forward and kept the other foot propped up and sat over the buttocks."

No comments: