Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Characteristics Of Prayer: Recitation of Qur'an in Prayers

Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 713

Narated By Abu Ma'mar :

We asked Khabbab whether Allah's Apostle used to recite (the Qur'an) in the Zuhr and the 'Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know about it?" He said, "By the movement of his beard."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 728

Narated By Abu Ma'mar :

I asked Khabbab bin Al-Art whether the Prophet used to recite the Qur'an in the Zuhr and the 'Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. I said, "How did you come to know that?" He replied, "From the movement of his beard."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 730

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas :

(My mother) Umu-l-Fadl heard me reciting "Wal Mursalati 'Urfan" (77) and said, "O my son! By Allah, your recitation made me remember that it was the last Sura I heard from Allah's Apostle. He recited it in the Maghrib prayer."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 731

Narated By Marwan bin Al-Hakam :

Zaid bin Thabit said to me, "Why do you recite very short S&ras in the Maghrib prayer while I heard the Prophet reciting the longer of the two long Suras?"


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 732

Narated By Jubair bin Mut'im :

My father said, "I heard Allah's Apostle reciting "At-Tur" (52) in the Maghrib prayer."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 733

Narated By Abu Rafi :

I offered the 'Isha' prayer behind Abu Huraira and he recited, "Idha-s-Sama'u-n-Shaqqat" (84) and prostrated. On my inquiring, he said, "I prostrated behind Abu-l-Qasim (the Prophet) (when he recited that Sura) and I will go on doing it till I meet him."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 734

Narated By Al-Bara :

The Prophet was on a journey and recited in one of the first two Rakat of the 'Isha' prayer "Wat-tini waz-zaituni." (95)


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 735

Narated By Abu Rafi' :

Once I prayed the 'Isha' prayer with Abu Huraira and he recited, "Idha-s-Sama' u-nShaqqat" (84) and prostrated. I said, "What is that?" He said, "I prostrated behind Abu-l-Qasim, (the Prophet) (when he recited that Sura) and I will go on doing it till I meet him."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 736

Narated By Al-Bara :

I heard the Prophet reciting wat-tini wazzaituni" (95) in the 'Isha' prayer, and I never heard a sweeter voice or a better way of recitation than that of the Prophet.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 741

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas :

The Prophet recited aloud in the prayers in which he was ordered to do so and quietly in the prayers in which he was ordered to do so. "And your Lord is not forgetful." "Verily there was a good example for you in the ways of the Prophet."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 742

Narated By Abu Wa'il :

A man came to Ibn Mas'ud and said, "I recited the Mufassal (Suras) at night in one Rak'a." Ibn Mas'ud said, "This recitation is (too quick) like the recitation of poetry. I know the identical Suras which the Prophet used to recite in pairs." Ibn Mas'ud then mentioned 20 Mufassal Suras including two Suras from the family of (i.e. those verses which begin with) AL, HA, MIM (which the Prophet used to recite) in each Rak'a.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 744

Narated By Abu Ma'mar :

We said to Khabbab "Did Allah's Apostle used to recite in Zuhr and 'Asr prayers?" He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know about it?" He said, "By the movement of his beard."

No comments: