Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Characteristics Of Prayer: Leading the Prayers

Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 801

Narated By Mahmud bin Ar-Rabi' :

I remember Allah's Apostle and also the mouthful of water which he took from a bucket in our house and ejected (on me). I heard from ltban bin Malik Al-Ansari, who was one from Bani Salim, saying, "I used to lead my tribe of Bani Salim in prayer. Once I went to the Prophet and said to him, 'I have weak eye-sight and at times the rainwater flood intervenes between me and the mosque of my tribe and I wish that you would come to my house and pray at some place so that I could take that place as a place for praying (mosque). He said, "Allah willing, I shall do that." Next day Allah's Apostle along with Abu Bakr, came to my house after the sun had risen high and he asked permission to enter. I gave him permission, but he didn't sit till he said to me, "Where do you want me to pray in your house?" I pointed to a place in the house where I wanted him to pray. So he stood up for the prayer and we aligned behind him. He completed the prayer with Taslim and we did the same simultaneously."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 808

Narated By Anas bin Malik :

Once the Prophet delayed the 'Isha' prayer until midnight and then came to us. Having prayed he faced us and said, "The people had prayed and slept but you were in the prayer as long as you were waiting for it."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 816

Narated By Sulaiman Ash-Shaibam :

I heard Ash-Sha'bi saying, "A person who was accompanying the Prophet passed by a grave that was separated from the other graves told me that the Prophet once led the people in the (funeral) prayer and the people had aligned behind him. I said, "O Aba 'Amr! Who told you about it?" He said, "Ibn Abbas."


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 818

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas :

One night I slept at the house of my aunt Maimuna and the Prophet slept (too). He got up (for prayer) in the last hours of the night and performed a light ablution from a hanging leather skin. ('Amr, the sub-narrator described that the ablution was very light). Then he stood up for prayer and I got up too and performed the ablution in the same way and joined him on his left side. He pulled me to the right and prayed as much as Allah will. Then he lay down and slept and I heard his breath sounds till the Mu'adh-dhin came to him to inform him about the (Fajr) prayer. He left with him for the prayer and prayed without repeating the ablution. (Sufyan the subnarrator said: We said to 'Amr, "Some people say, 'The eyes of the Prophet sleep but his heart never sleeps.' " 'Amr said, "'Ubai bin 'Umar said, 'The dreams of the Prophets are Divine Inspirations. Then he recited, '(O my son), I have seen in dream that I was slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice).") (37.102)


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 819

Narated By Anas bin Malik :

My grandmother Mulaika invited Allah's Apostle for a meal which she had prepared specially for him. He ate some of it and said, "Get up. I shall lead you in the prayer." I brought a mat that had become black owing to excessive use and I sprinkled water on it. Allah's Apostle stood on it and prayed two Rakat; and the orphan was with me (in the first row), and the old lady stood behind us.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 820

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas :

Once I came riding a she-ass and I, then, had just attained the age of puberty. Allah's Apostle was leading the people in prayer at Mina facing no wall. I passed in front of the row and let loose the she-ass for grazing and joined the row and no one objected to my deed.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 821

Narated By 'Aisha :

Once Allah's Apostle delayed the 'Isha' prayer till 'Umar informed him that the women and children had slept. Then Allah's Apostle came out and said: "None from amongst the dwellers of earth have prayed this prayer except you." In those days none but the people of Medina prayed.


Volume 001 :: Book 012 (Characteristics Of Prayer) :: Hadith 830

Narated By Anas :

The Prophet prayed in the house of Um Sulaim; and I, along with an orphan stood behind him while Um Sulaim (stood) behind us.

No comments: