Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Knowledge: Date-Palm Tree

Volume 001 :: Book 003 (Knowledge) :: Hadith 058

Narated By Ibn 'Umar : 

Allah's Apostle said, "Amongst the trees, there is a tree, the leaves of which do not fall and is like a Muslim. Tell me the name of that tree." Everybody started thinking about the trees of the desert areas. And I thought of the date-palm tree but felt shy to answer the others then asked, "What is that tree, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "It is the date-palm tree."


Volume 001 :: Book 003 (Knowledge) :: Hadith 072

Narated By Ibn 'Umar : 

We were with the Prophet and a spadix of date-palm tree was brought to him. On that he said, "Amongst the trees, there is a tree which resembles a Muslim." I wanted to say that it was the date-palm tree but as I was the youngest of all (of them) I kept quiet. And then the Prophet said, "It is the date-palm tree."

No comments: