Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chapter 5: On Kind Words to Parents

al-Adab al-Mufrad
[Imam Bukhari (Rahimahullah)]

{Chapter 5: On Kind Words to Parents}
8. Taysala b. Mayyas said,
"I was with the Najadites [Khawaarij (Kharijites), followers of Najdah ibn ‘Amir] when I committed wrong actions which I supposed to be major sins. I mentioned that to Ibn 'Umar.  
He inquired, 'What are they?"
I replied, 'Such-and-such.'
He stated, 'These are not great sins. There are nine great sins and they are:
Associating partners with Allah;
Killing someone;
Desertion from the army when it is advancing;
Slandering a chaste woman;
Usury;
Consuming an orphan's property;
Heresy in the (sacred) mosque (of Makkah);
Scoffing (at Muslims); and,
Causing one’s parents to weep through disobedience.'
' Ibn 'Umar then said to me, 'Do you fear the Fire? Do you want to enter the Garden?'
I said, 'By Allah, yes!'
He asked, 'Are your parents still alive?'
I replied, 'My mother is.'
He said, 'By Allah, if you speak kindly to her and feed her, then you will definitely enter the Garden as long as you avoid the major wrong actions.'"
9. 'Urwa commented on the verse,
"Lower the wing of humility to them out of mercy." (al-Isra’ 17:24)
(It means): “Do not refuse them anything they love.”

No comments: